- MASSEY AERODROME MD1 – THE AIRPORT IS OPEN TO AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC.
- Updates and News are posted on Facebook (See Link in Menu: Above Right).
- The Massey Air Museum IS OPEN for Self-Guided Tours, pick up a Tour Guide sheet in the lobby and feel free to ask questions (we may be working in the shop or outside). If the hangar entry doors are closed we will be glad to open them so you can also walk through the two community hangars. Although the DC-3 gets too hot on sunny days, we’ll open the airstair door for you if it’s cloudy. The An-2 is now open. If your group is the only one in the museum (most likely) at the time you may remove your mask. The museum is restricted to no more than 10 persons at a time (unlikely, so don’t worry). The MUSEUM IS AIR CONDITIONED.
- View a 37 second promotional video of Massey Air Museum on the Kent County Youtube channel https://youtu.be/rvEWeDSorWY (Kent Co. MD Website: https://kentcounty.com/attractions ) The Kent County Office of Tourism Development did a superb job on the whole series of promotional videos – especially the Massey Air Museum! Thank You!
- The Galena Lions Club Car Show was held on Sunday Nov. 8th. It was a very successful event again with 150 show cars & one 1956 Porsche-Diesel single cylinder tractor attending this year, also a very good turn-out of interesting airplanes.
- MASSEY EVENT CANCELLATIONS:
- 20th Open Hangar Party & Fly-In (WAS Dec. 6th)
- The An-2 biplane is now available for guests to enter after storing the massive skis in the rear fuselage instead of the cabin. Don Hooker had already converted movable stairs into proper steps.
- See new DC-3 & An-2 photos @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/massey_aero/albums/72157715186894166 or Album in Photo Library (Link in Menu: Above Right).
- To help with future events or any museum projects, see the volunteer info here.
- You can help support the Massey Air Museum, Inc. when you buy on Amazon Smile (@ No cost or obligation to you). See details here.
- SPACE AVAILABLE in Community Hangars, Call John @ 410-928-5270.
- Visit us on FACEBOOK – Use Link below or in the Menu to see our latest Posts > MENU (Above Right) or Cut & Paste: https://www.facebook.com/MasseyAerodrome/
- Take a “VIRTUAL VISIT” TO THE MASSEY AIR MUSEUM: https://aviationhistorymuseums.com/blog/2020/8/6/massey-air-museum-massey-maryland
- Tony Bruno’s “Aviation History Museums” Blog has included Massey in the latest issue (#14) and he did a fantastic job (unsolicited!). Use it to plan your driving tour of local Air Museums. Thanks Tony, what a pleasant surprise!
- Link to Tony’s Home Page: https://aviationhistorymuseums.com/blog
The Antique Fly-In is ON for today, Saturday. Weather is improving and we are setting up for food and fun. Details here. PAAS Fly-In Director: Mike Strieter 301-440-5294. The airport number is 410-928-5270.