The Antique Fly-In is ON for today, Saturday. Weather is improving and we are setting up for food and fun. Details here. PAAS Fly-In Director: Mike Strieter 301-440-5294. The airport number is 410-928-5270.
FORMAL MUSEUM HOURS: 11AM-5PM, Tues. thru Sunday
(Call ahead for Monday or before & after hours – we’re usually here!) (Out to Lunch 1-2)
- The Massey Library is OPEN. See: “Massey Library Program Instructions” in “Latest News” Then Open the Program by clicking this Link: http://www.librarycat.org/lib/MasseyLibrary
- Mark your 2019 Calendar for upcoming events:
- 17th Chili Fiesta Fly-In (PAST) was a successful and comfortable day. Approx. 70 planes attended including 2 WACOs & 2 Stearman, Chili was plentiful and a good time was had by all! Thanks to all our Volunteers!
- 48th Antique Fly-In – (PAST – June 8th) Very comfortable day, partly sunny, low 80’s, only downside was a persistent 9+ mph crosswind that may very well have discouraged some of the older planes but we still had about 60 attendees and it looked like everyone had a good time. Thanks to the Potomac Antique Aero Squadron for conducting this increasingly rare JUDGED Antique Airplane Assoc. event.
- Schweizer 1-26 Glider Fun Meet (PAST – Aug. 9, 10 & 11) Perfect weather and great Lift made for a great weekend! Thanks to all participants!
- SEE 1-26 Glider Fun Meet photos on Facebook: (Cut & Paste Link) https://www.facebook.com/MasseyAerodrome/posts/2306637962706584?notif_id=1565645727799958¬if_t=page_post_reaction
- Massey’s Young Eagles Flights 2019 is in the record books, we had PERFECT weather to fly 79 kids. Thanks to EAA Chapter 1536 & all those that made it possible. Our Photo Library Album to follow soon with more pics. See 9 pics in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MasseyAerodrome/
- To help with events or any museum projects, see the volunteer info here.
- EAA Chapter 1536 meets at Massey Aerodrome: The September meeting will be on Sunday, Sept 8th during Young Eagles Rally at Massey.
- You can help support the Massey Air Museum, Inc. when you buy on Amazon Smile (@ No cost or obligation to you). See details here.
- SPACE AVAILABLE in Community Hangars, Call John @ 410-928-5270.
Biplane rides will be available at Massey from May through October and glider rides anytime (weather permitting with reservation). See Events Calendar below or click here: Biplane Ride Dates
GLIDER Rides: Contact Bob Dierker at: 410-699-1697, or at the airport.
- “Flying Floods” & the Giles Henderson Clipped Wing Cub
- Ferrying Sportsman N124MK Back to the U.S.
- Recommended Reading (Top 10 Lists)
- 2018 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2019)
- Massey Library Program Instructions
- 2018 Vintage Sailplane Rally at Massey
- 2018 Antique Airplane Fly-In
- 2017 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2018)
- 15th Chili Fiesta Fly-In at Massey Aerodrome
- SHORE Monthly magazine article (Feb. 2018)
Massey Air Museum