AIRPORT RENTAL HOUSE AVAILABLE FOR PILOTS – See photo library for photos & info.
The Hangar Party is On for Sunday. Food will be served at Noon. We’ll likely be landing Runway 02 Left Traffic for easy egress off the runway. Careful for NORDO aircraft. See more details on the Events page. Airport number is 410-928-5270.
Biplane rides will be available two weekends per month (in season) and glider rides anytime (weather permitting with reservation). Biplane Ride Dates & Event Calendar
GLIDER Rides: Contact Bob Dierker at: 410-699-1697, or at the airport.
2016 Open Hangar Party
The sun came out early this year and attracted over 100 fly-in aircraft. Plenty of ham and turkey was prepared by the airport staff, while hors d’oeuvres and desserts trickled in throughout the day. Classic cars, classic aircraft, and even an autogyro made it out for another successful December event. Thanks to all who helped out, or just attended and had fun keeping grass roots aviation alive.
First Antique Fly-In at Massey – a resounding success!
45th Antique Fly-In of the Potomac Antique Aero Squadron.
Approx. 75 show & guest airplanes plus 1 helicopter attended. It was breezy with a cross wind but partly sunny with low humidity that made the temperature in the low 90’s feel almost comfortable. Six airplanes received awards and 3 past award winners also attended. John Machamer’s brand new restoration, a 1930 Davis D-1K received two awards and father & son Joe & Jason Flood each received an award. We look forward to John Machamer to receive the Gold Lindy this year at Oshkosh.
Also attending was Joe Kaminskas’ 1930 WACO RNF and Marlin Horst’s 1929 Fairchild 71, both past Horn Point award winners and both are also recipients of aviations highest Award for restoration: EAA VINTAGE ANTIQUE GRAND CHAMPION – Gold Lindy.
Gene Breiner’s 1936 Taylorcraft J-2 stole the show when he put on the single blade Everel propeller and flew numerous demonstration flights (a two blade propeller is used for ferry flights across the bay).
AWARDS at the 45th Antique Fly-In of the Potomac Antique Aero Squadron, held at Massey Aerodrome June 11th, 2016:
- Antique Sweepstakes: NC1584 1930 Davis D-1K, John Machamer
- PAAS Presidents Award: NC1584 1030 Davis D-1K, John Machamer Gettysburg PA.
- Antique Grand Champion: NC23927 1939 Aeronca Chief, Joe Flood
- Best Custom Built: N907MG 1999 Pitts S1S, Jason Flood Franklinville NJ.
- Classic Grand Champion: N195RA 1953 Cessna 195B, Ray Franke Bath PA.
- Contemporary Grand Champion: N7258A 1956 Cessna C-172, Michael Meyers, Owings MD.
- Military Grand Champion: N79731 1944 Piper L-4, Paul Smith, Mt. Airy MD.
- AAA HQ Award: NC16745 1036 Taylor J-2, Eugene Breiner Newville PA