The Antique Fly-In is ON for today, Saturday. Weather is improving and we are setting up for food and fun. Details here. PAAS Fly-In Director: Mike Strieter 301-440-5294. The airport number is 410-928-5270.
MASSEY AERODROME MD1 – THE AIRPORT IS OPEN TO AIRCRAFT (Even During VIP TFR’s) – Massey now has a 1.5 NMR CUT-OUT (But ONLY 3/4 mile to the north!)- Pilots are responsible for following all NOTAMS. — Presidential Flight Restriction TFRs affecting Massey will be posted by the FAA on short notice. Pilots must check NOTAMS for actual TFR status and time. Link > Type: VIP https://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.jsp
Updates and Current News are also posted on Facebook (See Link in Menu: Above Right). If no answer at 410-928-5270: Call Bill @ 610-676-0198. I SCREEN CALLS, so call twice. If you want a return call – please repeat the number slowly when leaving a message!
The Massey Air Museum is OPEN for Self-Guided Tours, pick up a Tour Guide sheet in the lobby. Feel free to ask questions (if you don’t see us, we may be working in the shop or outside). If the hangar entry doors are closed we will be glad to open them so you can also walk through the two community hangars. Although the DC-3 can get hot on sunny summer days, we will open the airstair door for you to go inside when it’s temperate. The An-2 is also open to tour. Masks are required for NON-VACCINATED persons ONLY. Free Admission but Donations Welcome. Museum Hours: 11 AM to 4 PM every day except Monday. – Calling ahead is recommended @ 410-928-5270.
See article about Massey Aerodrome “Happy Place” in AOPA Pilot magazine Sept. 2021 issue here: https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2021/september/pilot/happy-place or go to Photo Library (link upper right) or here: Link to Photo Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/massey_aero/albums/72157719732160357/with/51384278111/ Thanks to AOPA, Julie Summers Walker and Edwin Remsberg for such a fine job telling Massey’s story. And Thanks to John Williamson, Jim Douglass, Jim Sypherd and Bill Malpass for their foresight and determination to build an airport 21 years ago.
- Attractions in Kent County MD: https://www.kentcounty.com/attractions > Museums in Kent County MD: https://www.kentcounty.com/attractions/museums > Massey Air Museum, Inc.: https://www.kentcounty.com/museums/massey-air-museum-inc
- The An-2 biplane is open for visitors to enter. Don Hooker has converted movable stairs into proper steps. This Russian airplane is currently the largest single engine biplane type in the world. Donated to Massey by Mike Macario in honor of his mother, Kate Macario.
- To help with future events or any museum projects, click:
- volunteer info here.
Take a “VIRTUAL VISIT” TO THE MASSEY AIR MUSEUM: https://aviationhistorymuseums.com/blog/2020/8/6/massey-air-museum-massey-maryland
You can help support the Massey Air Museum, Inc. when you buy on
Amazon Smile (@ No cost or obligation to you). See details here
Visit us on FACEBOOK – Use Link in the Menu to see our latest Posts or click https://www.facebook.com/MasseyAerodrome/
Tony Bruno’s “Aviation History Museums” Blog has included Massey in issue #14 and he did a fantastic job. Use it to plan your driving tour of local Air Museums. Link to Tony’s Home Page: https://aviationhistorymuseums.com/blog
View a short (5 min) video about the creation of Massey Aerodrome narrated by John Williamson @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t84hrifhGQk
View videos of flying to Massey @ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Massey+aerodrome Or go to YouTube and search:
- “Massey Air Museum” & “Explore Maryland By Air”
Biplane rides will be available at Massey from May through October and glider rides anytime (weather permitting with reservation). See Events Calendar below or click here: Biplane Ride Dates
GLIDER Rides: Contact Bob Dierker at: 410-699-1697, or at the airport.
- 2020 Museum Chatter Newsletter (Jan. 2021)
- 2019 Museum Chatter Newsletter (Jan. 2020)
- “Flying Floods” & the Giles Henderson Clipped Wing Cub
- Ferrying Sportsman N124MK Back to the U.S.
- Recommended Reading (Top 10 Lists)
- 2018 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2019)
- Massey Library Program Instructions
- 2018 Vintage Sailplane Rally at Massey
- 2018 Antique Airplane Fly-In
- 2017 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2018)
Massey Air Museum