The Antique Fly-In is ON for today, Saturday. Weather is improving and we are setting up for food and fun. Details here. PAAS Fly-In Director: Mike Strieter 301-440-5294. The airport number is 410-928-5270.
- MASSEY AERODROME MD1 – THE AIRPORT IS OPEN TO AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC.
- Updates and News are posted on Facebook (See Link in Menu: Above Right).
- The Massey Air Museum IS OPEN for Self-Guided Tours, pick up a Tour Guide sheet in the lobby and feel free to ask questions (we may be working in the shop or outside). If the hangar entry doors are closed we will be glad to open them so you can also walk through the two community hangars. Although the DC-3 gets too hot on sunny days, we’ll open the airstair door for you if it’s cloudy. The An-2 is not currently open. If your group is the only one in the museum (most likely) at the time you may remove your mask. The museum is restricted to no more than 10 persons at a time (unlikely, so don’t worry). The MUSEUM IS AIR CONDITIONED.
- See what Massey looks like when the weather’s good – Look at pictures in our Photo Library by clicking on Link in Menu: Above, Right or directly to the album here: Massey Photo Library Album 6/13 & 6/14 activity: https://www.flickr.com/photos/massey_aero/albums/72157714771164143/with/50020189187/
- MASSEY EVENT CANCELLATIONS:
- SCHWEIZER 1-26 Fun Meet (WAS Sept 18-20)
- Be cautious, Stay Well! MASSEY AERODROME IS OPEN!
- EAA Chapter 1536 has voted to dissolve due, only in small part, to COVID 19. The primary causes were the member’s travel distances and the lack of a convenient, dedicated work space for the Piper Colt project. – Duane Brown, President, Madeline Lambrecht, Vice President, Bruce Lambrecht, Secretary/Treasurer
- The wings, ailerons & flaps are on the Antonov An-2 Colt.
- See new DC-3 & An-2 photos @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/massey_aero/albums/72157715186894166 or Album in Photo Library (Link in Menu: Above Right).
- To help with future events or any museum projects, see the volunteer info here.
- You can help support the Massey Air Museum, Inc. when you buy on Amazon Smile (@ No cost or obligation to you). See details here.
- SPACE AVAILABLE in Community Hangars, Call John @ 410-928-5270.
- Use the Facebook Link in the Menu to see our latest Posts > MENU (Above Right) or Cut & Paste: https://www.facebook.com/MasseyAerodrome/
- Take a “VIRTUAL VISIT” TO THE MASSEY AIR MUSEUM: https://aviationhistorymuseums.com/blog/2020/8/6/massey-air-museum-massey-maryland
- Tony Bruno’s “Aviation History Museums” Blog has included Massey in the latest issue (#14) and he did a fantastic job (unsolicited!). Use it to plan your driving tour of local Air Museums. Thanks Tony, what a pleasant surprise!
- Link to Tony’s Home Page: https://aviationhistorymuseums.com/blog
Biplane rides will be available at Massey from May through October and glider rides anytime (weather permitting with reservation). See Events Calendar below or click here: Biplane Ride Dates
GLIDER Rides: Contact Bob Dierker at: 410-699-1697, or at the airport.
- 2019 Museum Chatter Newsletter (Jan. 2020)
- “Flying Floods” & the Giles Henderson Clipped Wing Cub
- Ferrying Sportsman N124MK Back to the U.S.
- Recommended Reading (Top 10 Lists)
- 2018 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2019)
- Massey Library Program Instructions
- 2018 Vintage Sailplane Rally at Massey
- 2018 Antique Airplane Fly-In
- 2017 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2018)
- 15th Chili Fiesta Fly-In at Massey Aerodrome
Massey Air Museum