The Antique Fly-In is ON for today, Saturday. Weather is improving and we are setting up for food and fun. Details here. PAAS Fly-In Director: Mike Strieter 301-440-5294. The airport number is 410-928-5270.
FORMAL MUSEUM HOURS: 11AM-5PM, Tues. thru Sunday
(Call ahead for Monday or before & after hours – we’re usually here!) (Out to Lunch 1-2)
- The Massey Library is OPEN. See: “Massey Library Program Instructions” in “Latest News” Then Open the Program by clicking this Link: http://www.librarycat.org/lib/MasseyLibrary
- Mark your 2019 Calendar for our Spring & Summer Fly-Ins:
- 17th Chili Fiesta Fly-In (PAST) was a successful and comfortable day. Approx. 70 planes attended including 2 WACOs & 2 Stearman, Chili was plentiful and a good time was had by all! Thanks to all our Volunteers!
- 48th Antique Fly-In – Saturday June 8th (2nd Saturday of June). Conducted by the Potomac Antique Aero Squadron (PAAS), hosted by Massey Air Museum. Airplane Judging begins @ 10:30 AM.
- Schweizer 1-26 Glider Fun Meet — Fri., Sat. & Sun. August 9, 10 & 11.
- To help with events or any museum projects, see the volunteer info here.
- EAA Chapter 1536 meets at Massey Aerodrome on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 PM. EAA next meeting.: June 10th.
- You can help support the Massey Air Museum, Inc. when you buy on Amazon Smile (@ No cost or obligation to you). See details here.
- SPACE AVAILABLE in Community Hangars, Call John @ 410-928-5270.
- See Interesting Article: Ferrying Sportsman N124MK Back to the U.S. in “Latest News” Jeff & Therese visited Massey on March 17th. See Photos in our Photo Library.
- If you read Flying mag. you may have seen David Mamet’s column. In May he wrote of a book we happen to have in our library: The Last Enemy by Richard Hillary (W2E.62)
- Joe Flood & Sons brought 3 of their superb restorations to the Chili Fest. Read the 10 page article in the May/June issue of EAA Vintage Airplane magazine. Including Giles Henderson’s Clipped Wing Cub. Thanks Joe, it was a privilege to see these planes! See More in “Latest News” below.
- Steve McBride N2561Z Decathlon supports our Fly-Ins so I’m giving a plug to the Open House at Eagles Nest Airport 31E on June 22nd. He’s especially looking for tailwheel planes, so help him out if you can.
Biplane rides will be available at Massey from May through October and glider rides anytime (weather permitting with reservation). See Events Calendar below or click here: Biplane Ride Dates
GLIDER Rides: Contact Bob Dierker at: 410-699-1697, or at the airport.
- “Flying Floods” & the Giles Henderson Clipped Wing Cub
- Ferrying Sportsman N124MK Back to the U.S.
- Recommended Reading (Top 10 Lists)
- 2018 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2019)
- Massey Library Program Instructions
- 2018 Vintage Sailplane Rally at Massey
- 2018 Antique Airplane Fly-In
- 2017 Museum Chatter (Jan. 2018)
- 15th Chili Fiesta Fly-In at Massey Aerodrome
- SHORE Monthly magazine article (Feb. 2018)
- Jun 7-Jun 9
- Jun 8
- Jun 10
- Jun 21-Jun 23
- Jul 15-Jul 28
- Aug 9-Aug 11
- Aug 9-Aug 11
- Aug 23-Aug 25
- Sep 8
- Sep 20-Sep 22
- Oct 18-Oct 31
- Nov 3
- Dec 1
Massey Air Museum